Download TimeTiger 2 On-Premises
Step-by-step update instructions. Follow our releases on Twitter @timetiger. Looking for older versions of TimeTiger? Contact us.
- Fixed login issue with some versions of Safari on macOS.
- NEW: “Download” button for every report allows you to download the report file directly.
- Fixed issue where “br” tags appeared for multi-line time logs instead of actual line breaks.
- Fixed cases where Not Reviewed or Declined icons could continue to appear for items whose logs had already been fully approved.
- Fixed possible crash when attempting to stop an application that was already stopping.
- Fixed issue where some item tabs could contain duplicate tab headers.
- Leaving the Explorer page open now keeps user logged in.
- Updated French language localization.
- NEW option to redirect all HTTP requests to HTTPS if configured.
- Moved sample data into the 2017-2018 calendar year date range.
- Fixed security issue related to session management and authentication.
- Projects and Tasks are created much faster through the web interface and API.
- Maximum length of user name field has been expanded to 50 characters (from 20).
- Updated SOAP API to version 1.3.1.
- NEW option to CC: yourself when sending declined log notification e-mails.
- Fixed issue where Explorer Find could potentially cause a service stop.
- Fixed issue with connecting to a newly created sample database in 64-bit Windows.
- Added code-signing to 32-bit and 64-bit Windows downloads.
- Fixed SetupTimeTiger64.exe not responding when executed.
- NEW: 64-bit version of TimeTiger available for download.
- Improved stability and compatibility using Windows integrated (SSPI) authentication.
- Fixed reporting issue where headings could spill over into content cells.
- Fixed issue where editing a To Do item from the Log Time page might not open Edit To Do window.
- Improved detail in error message where an item could not be moved or copied due to name duplication.
- Update SOAP API to version 1.3.0.
- Fixed issue where generating some custom reports incorrectly indicated that they would contain no data.
- NEW: Find box in TimeTiger Explorer allows you to quickly search for items anywhere in your TimeTiger database.
- Updated "Submit Changes" button caption to "Save and Submit Changes" for clarity in Log Time window.
- Fixed doubled time values appearing for today's date when choosing to Edit Today's Time when in weekly or monthly timesheet view.
- Fixed custom reporting issue with items specifically included in reports without a field for those item names.
- Moved sample data into the 2016-2017 calendar year date range.
- Updated API methods to identify To Do items by GUID rather than UID.
- Moved sample data into the 2015-2016 calendar year date range.
- Improved handling of special characters (accents, long hyphens, curly quotes) in API responses.
- Improved performance of progressive search in dropdowns in Internet Explorer 11.
- Temporary measures to improve API handling of characters outside of ASCII encoding.
- Fix First Day of Week being ignored by the Date.Week field on custom reports.
- Fix Default Picks not correctly updated when moving an item (both with and without moving existing logs for the item).
- Fixed GetTimeLogs API endpoint not correctly returning error result when an invalid or blank session ID is provided.
- Moved sample data into the 2014-2015 calendar year date range.
- NEW rounding options (in Tools > Options) for time log entries.
- Do not allow copying a blank or filled timesheet when period already contains logs.
- Improved exception logging of time log submissions and deletions.
- Fixed timeout/freeze when deleting a TimeTiger application.
- Fixed error during new database creation on Microsoft SQL Server 2012.
- Fixed Time Log report showing blank User.Full name when User (short) name is not included on report.
- Fixed Vacation Days report when generated as an AutoMail for a user that is no longer Active.
- Fixed Time Log report not generating when User Full Name field was specifically excluded.
- Fixed possible service stop in Time Log report.
- Time Log report includes User Full name field.
- Generate button now correctly disables while generating a standard report.
- Limiting custom reports to a single level no longer causes a "This report would not contain any data" error.
- Multi-line descriptions now expand Excel cell height when Time Log report is exported to Excel.
- Fixed XML representation of time logs returned by API that contain descriptions with embedded newline characters.
- Fixed possible service stop when deleting selected time logs from View Time Logs page.
- Fixed QuickBooks IIF file not generating when running Time Log report with "Generate IIF" option checked.
- Fixed next/previous timesheet buttons not responding.
- Fixed selecting To Do item on Log Time page not filling in item information.
- Fixed possible crash when no Properties tab is selected on Edit item page.
- Time Log custom fields now extended to a maximum length of 255 characters.
- Fixed failure of Microsoft Access databases to upgrade from some very old versions of TimeTiger.
- Run Tool button now disabled as soon as Service and Maintenance tool is run to prevent double-running.
- Fixed SQL ODBC error when moving some projects from one client to another.
- Added Quick Link option to edit today's already-logged time.
- Added option in Tools, Options to set the number of blank rows that initially appear when logging time.
- New sample databases will contain data in the 2012-2013 range.
- Fixed possible service stop when generating reports that produced error messages.
- Fixed issue where some AutoMail reports could only include items of one status code.
- NEW: popover allows you to enter Status/Description text for each cell in Timesheet view.
- AutoMailed Timesheet reports can now be sent for current or previous week and month.
- Fixed: Work in Progress text that includes line breaks is now properly transferred to the Log Time window.
- Fixed: Blank AutoMail reports will no longer get sent unless "Send report even if blank" is checked.
- Fixed WSDL issue with SOAP API update.
- SOAP API updated to version 1.2. See the TimeTiger SDK for details.
- Fixed problem with "Last Week" date range becoming non-responsive on some reports.
- Fixed calculation of "Last Week" date range during first day of the week.
- Fixed issue where Unreviewed/Declined time icons would not disappear from the Explorer tree, even after page was refreshed.
- The "Last Week" date range now correctly includes the 7 day period prior to the first day of the current week.
- Fixed issue where splitting a time log row into multiple rows and immediately submitting only submitted the first row.
- Changes to the TimeTiger SOAP API. Please see the API documentation for current information.
- Updated online help with information about the Vacation Days report and additional approval permissions.
- NEW: option to set first day of work week in Tools > Options.
- Fixed issue with reports not appearing with certain server configurations in TimeTiger 2 On-Premises.
- Fixed issue with editing contact information for several different TimeTiger applications in succession.
- Fixed problem with AutoMail owner information not being transferred when database is converted to a different format.
- Improved encryption on SMTP server credentials stored by TimeTiger.
- Fixed security credentials issue with converting a TimeTiger 1.8 database in Microsoft Access format.
- Fixed problem where field selections were not being taken account when creating a new TimeTiger database.
- NEW separate permissions to allow approval of your own time logs (vs. approval of other's time logs) so that auto-approval can be individually granted for specific users.
- NEW convenient buttons to advance to next and previous period when viewing/editing timesheet.
- Fixed issue with some older TimeTiger databases not migrating to current version.
- Moving an item without moving its time logs now correctly transfers role assignments to and from the item.
- Fixed issue with custom reports with certain item property fields causing report not to generate.
- Fixed custom reports not displaying when system configured to show unlimited rows and columns.
- NEW option to have costs and values associated with time logs either as soon as they are entered or not until they are approved.
- Fixed switching to Monthly Timesheet view was not remembered for the next time Log Time page was opened.
- Users who have permissions to generate a report can now make a personal copy of the report.
- "Log time for" drop-down hidden for users who only have permissions to log time for themselves and no other users.
- Improvements to Actual Work information export to Microsoft Project.
- Fixed certain options not saving on Tools, Options page.
- Fixed intermittent service stop when synchronizing certain MS Project files.
- Fixed service stop when AutoMail custom report triggers an error due to excess report size.
- Fixed problem in Explorer where expanding a node sometimes did not completely expand previously expanded sub-nodes.
- When an AutoMail report triggers an error and would not send, the error is now e-mailed to the AutoMail recipient so they are aware of the problem.
- Fixed incorrect error message displayed when a duplicate role name was entered during adding or editing security roles.
- Increased logging detail for the deletion of AutoMail report schedules.
- Fixed behaviour of Cancel button on Options page.
- Fixed importing a list of Users to a group so that user names are automatically converted to upper-case.
- Fixed issue where TimeTiger allowed new roles to be created with no permissions.
- Authorization key expiration warnings now include correct administrator's e-mail address.
- Fixed ODBC error message when genering Time to Review report on a Microsoft Access TimeTiger database.
- Added robots.txt exclusions to prevent search engine indexing of Internet-facing TimeTiger servers.
- Fixed service stop when an AutoMail report cannot be generated or sent.
- Changes to billing rates no longer re-rate logs that have been locked out by date range.
- Fixed counting of rows and columns for large reports so that "This report would contain over 2000 * rows or columns" message does not appear unnecessarily.
- Minor user interface and stability enhancements.
- NEW Separate cost rates and billing rates for every item in TimeTiger.
- NEW All cost and billing rates now allow a standard hourly rate and flexible exceptions.
- Custom reports now allow display of both cost and value of time in separate columns.
- Custom reports show headers for all inner fields.
- Improved performance of saving and approving time logs.
- Deleting a report will now correctly remove AutoMails that reference that report.
- Editing Default Picks for an item will now correctly update its Modified On/Modified By information.
- Sample data moved to 2011-2012 calendar years.
- NEW Checkbox in header of View Time Logs page selects all logs on the page.
- Fixes behaviour under Windows Integrated authentication failures.
- NEW Custom reports can now incorporate custom Time Log fields.
- Added Every 2 Weeks option for AutoMail scheduling.
- Added Do Not Send Before date for AutoMail scheduling.
- Time Log report now includes Ref # fields for all items.
- Improved performance for databases with a large number of top-level items.
- Fixed splitting a row on the Log Time page now correctly calculates duration of each split.
- Fixed truncated item names on some reports in Internet Explorer.
- Removed unnecessary Done button on Edit AutoMail schedule page.
- Greatly improved performance over slow network connections.
- Can click on TimeTiger logo in Explorer or choose View > Welcome to return to Welcome page.
- Browser AutoFill no longer interferes with progressive search.
- Fixed Done button on About page not returning to previous page.
- New progressive search (as you type) when picking items from drop-down lists.
- Visual progress indicator during generation of large reports.
- Visual progress indicator during long MS Project synchronization operations.
- Fixed issue where project managers could assign themselves to an item in a role that exceeded their own permissions on that item.
- Fixed issue where submitting a change to a status code incorrectly returned you to the Welcome page.
- Fixed issue with row and column totals not displaying while entering time on the Log Time page.
- Selecting an item from a long dropdown list now scrolls window back to the original dropdown button.
- New API methods CopyEntity and DeleteEntity.
- Fixed issue in some deployments where entering a Declined Reason of longer than 50 characters produced an error.
- Fixed service stop issue when assigning roles to certain users.
- Fixed issue with synchronization of some MS Project files.
- Fixed service stop issue when generating some custom reports with date fields.
- Very large or maximized To Do window now behaves correctly without needing to be resized.
- Fixed headers on custom analysis sometimes disappearing causing badly formatted reports.
- Fixed calculation of Scheduled Hours on Earned Value Status Detail report when task is in progress.
- Fixed problem with columns sometimes not lining up on Item List report.
- Fixed possible service stop when user clicks Back after removing a log time row and then attempting to edit or remove that same row again.
- Updated sample data to calendar year 2010-2011.
- Improved memory usage for deployments with large databases and over 100 concurrent users.
- Improved performance when moving or deleting items during heavy system use.
- Fixed issue where AutoMail reports might not send if checking occurred at the exact second the reports were scheduled.
- Fixed outline re-numbering during Microsoft Project synchronization.
- Fixed issue with To Do window not opening in IE7 when using an evaluation database.
- Greatly improved speed of copying and synchronizing medium-large projects.
- Exporting reports to Excel now treats 0-value cells as numbers in Excel rather than strings.
- The Earned Value: Status Detail report can now only be generated by users with permission to See Restricted Properties on the particular project or task.
- Added user cost rate columns to the Item List report (can only be seen by users with sufficient permissions).
- Changing a status on an item will now make the same status change to all sub-items down the hieararchy.
- Deleting items with time logs now requires you to set the item to status Inactive first (to help prevent accidental deletions).
- New TimeTiger databases allow users to change their own passwords by default.
- Minor visual and performance improvements.
- AutoMail reports can now optionally be sent even if they do not contain any data.
- Testing AutoMail now correctly reports when the test report could not be created.
- Weekly breakouts on custom reports now correctly use the day range Monday - Sunday.
- Custom reports now include a "Do not merge repeated headings" option to make Cut & Paste easier in Microsoft Excel.
- Custom reports now suppress rows and columns where the bottom-most item is blank, resulting in cleaner reports.
- Temporary authorization keys now correctly expire at 11:59 PM on the date of expiration.
- Dates of time logs in sample database bumped to 2009 and 2010.
- Custom security option added to prevent System Admin users from seeing restricted properties (such as cost rates).
- New server-level performance metrics reporting feature accessible through the TimeTiger setup and configuration console.
- Fixed issue with To Do window timing out when opened.
- Fixed stability issue when multiple users approved or declined time under load.
- Resolved issue when moving projects that include sub-tasks under a hidden (inactive) parent task.
- Various stability and cosmetic improvements.
- Editing Default Roles now correctly returns you to your previous page after clicking Submit Changes.
- Performance and stability improvements as well as reduction of memory usage for large deployments and databases with many Explorer items.
- Time Log report can now optionally display all levels of sub-Client, sub-Project etc.
- Column widths in Time Log report are sized based on content.
- Fixed issue with new users created while password policy enforcement was enabled not receiving a temporary password e-mail message.
- Fixed issue where syncing certain MS Project files could cause service stop.
- To Do window now shows total number of hours already logged for the day.
- Improved To Do window positioning for multi-monitor setups under Windows 7.
- Added tool-tip to currently running To Do item that shows time since the item was last clicked.
- Improved stability and performance under high-load situations.
- New optional password policy enforcement allows you to ensure that your users pick strong passwords when using TimeTiger.
- Upgraded API and API Sample Application to version 1.1, including new API functionality to create role assignments.
- Fixed issue where a 255-character long Declined Reason would not save.
- Fixed issue where moving an existing user without moving their time logs generated a duplicate user name error.
- Fixed incorrect display of item names and time logs that include single quote characters.
- Fixed visual issue with time to review/time declined notification.
- "Can See All Time Logs" permission now automatically shows users on reports without the need to separately grant permissions to those users.
- Added option to specify particular items as being exempt from date lockout period.
- Moving items allows you to leave time logs in their original location by creating an inactive "history" item.
- TimeTiger server automatically forwards requests to single application when only one application is present.
- Fixed several potential cross-site scripting issues.
- Fixed issue where To Do items created automatically during MS Project synchronization could be set to top-level projects instead of tasks.
- Fixed issue default picks were not used for To Do items created during role assignment.
- Greatly improved performance of Item List report for large TimeTiger databases.
- Fixed problem with some custom reports that included Date fields underneath other types of fields.
- Web services API enabled by default for new applications.
- Fixed missing return code from API method.
- Fixed issue with creating a new sample database.
- New Default Picks allow you to associate a default Category for each Task, for example, and optionally make them "locked."
- Fixed issue where To Do items automatically created during MS Project import appeared blank.